The full form of SAP Basis is business application software integrated solution. It is the technical foundation of SAP applications to function. SAP Basis is essentially the system administration platform for SAP environments. Its main purpose is to make sure that all SAP systems in the environment run smoothly. Basis is a set of programs that act like an interface with Database, Operating system, Communication protocols and business applications (such as FI, CO, MM,etc). SAP Basis is also known as NETWEAVER.
SAP Basis tool has the following different functionalities:-
- System monitoring and administration tools
- Common monitoring tool CCMS(Computing Centre Management System) to monitor alerts of R/3 system from one place.
- Use of Business server pages to build online stores and portals.
- Database monitoring and administration utilities
- Internet access control to the system and business objects.
- Client-server architecture and configuration.
- Graphical User Interface designing for the presentation layer.
- Authorization and profile management tools for user management.
Different SAP modules like Finance Accounting, Production Planning, Sales and Distribution, SAP EWM and other modules can integrate and communicate with each other with the help of SAP Basis.
SAP Basis can install and configure in SAP applications on all types of operating systems like Windows, Unix, AS/400, etc. and different databases like SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2 for back end database.
50 Days of Instructor-Led Training.